Wednesday, December 3, 2008

YOUR FIRED !!!

Hmm…”firing” seems to be the frayed and over used buzz word of the day….
Whether we look at it in the context of pink slips with an image of Donald Trump pointing at us and telling us to fuck off…( at least that’s the image that comes to my mind )
Or we look at it in the context of what’s been on television the past week…. “firing at Taj” “more firing at Oberoi” “a little more firing at CST” “yet more firing at Nariman House”
…yes…I am starting to get sick of the word…
But this is not yet another rant against the unjust world , corrupt politicians and our ineptness at being decent human beings…I guess we’ve all posted to our blogs…discussed it in office…sent patriotic emails ad nauseam…
My dilemma has more of a personal…selfish nature…
I feel as if I’m sitting in this ivory tower watching these events pass me by as if on a television screen…
Me ? I can never get fired. Me ? terrorists are never going to attack ME ! these things only happen to strangers…
I find myself in a situation in which I am unable to care about these strangers as I am “expected” to do… sure I make the appropriate comments….pay lip service to whatever is considered to be the “in thing” but all I think is..yawn…so what’s new ?
I wonder how long I’ll be able to insulate myself from the world ? I don’t even know if it’s a good or bad thing…. But there it is… and no apologies..

5 comments:

zephyr said...

sort of explains ur way of shielding urself from the world.. ur defence mechanism!
I mean when u dont care u dont get affected or hurt or involved...
right? :)

Rohit Syal said...

well..i suppose i could make such excuses...defence mechs and all...but why over analyse ? maybe i just dont give a damn ? :)

Phoenix said...

we all have our defense mechanism... its best if its left to just that dont worry if its right or wrong... as long as you know you are okay...


firing is soo the buzz word these days.. cant say i like ti any more than you do..

cheer up :)

Arpit Higgins said...

Cease fire dude...

Liked th way you though about th word fire. Original. I wonder why u didnt put ay sarcasm in ther.

Yeah, it did give me a point of "somethin to sit back and think about..."

Rachita Bansal said...

So, then.. Well.. U wrote about it too.. in a way :P but i know what u mean, a month later, who cares about what happened to mumbai