Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Stumbling upon a page from the past

Tinkering around… visiting a few blogs… I came across a familiar name….
A name I haven’t thought about for a long time…and on the rare occasions I do remember…it’s with disdain tempered by a pinch of confusion.
But once that name was synonymous with every thought…with every plan for the future…

Interestingly…I expected to read this person’s blog and feel a rush of memories flood in… but that just did not happen…
As I read on…into older and older posts…looking for something I could identify with… I came to realize… that if what this person has written reflects the true personality, then I never knew or understood who this person actually was.
Not in one single post could I see “my version” of that person….

Was I simply blind ? or was I misled ?

In a way, it’s a relief…
And in some others… a disappointment

Sometimes I think I have a perverse desire to dig into the past and bring up questions like ….How ? Why ? and all that… I guess many of us do that…
Either way… it’s a chapter well left buried…

8 comments:

Arpit Higgins said...

Alright...

Dude.. I hav an old monk, waiting to be emptied. Just let me know the date time and venue.

Rohit Syal said...

ASAP brother !!!!

Tanu Anand said...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....would be my comment to this! and Bravo! :)

Impressionist said...

yeah! either way its a chapter well left buried!
and sometimes its good to leave them intact!!

-I

zephyr said...

we are not misled... we just believe so incredibly that we dont see the reality dancing right infront of our eyes... our desire and want to be happy and also justify our choice of that 'person' completely alters our mindset.

But slowly and steadily truth does dawn upon us and we wonder how did we ever even relate to this 'person' who we had believed to be our 'someone' at some point of time.

well written.. waiting for the next post... a story perhaps?? =D

Brett said...

I sometimes wonder if i would recognize a friends blog if it did not have their name on it, as i blog under my own name i am alway aware of what i say, so may be it is just another public face and not the real me.

Anonymous said...

...a few questions, some unspoken answers easily assumed..

Half a look back at what was
Not one at what could have been
Not a question about why it wasn't!!!

I guess "it’s a chapter well left buried…"

Rachita Bansal said...

Exactly, ,mitti pa as we say :)