Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sing for the day


As I gaze upon the sea of life,
And see Death's valleybefore me lie;

I feel assured I leave this strife,
To rest in peace
to rest forever beneath the sky
but hark a voice calls to me...

"be still and hear me"

Who is this intelligence I see
Staring in disbelief at me?
with gentle regard and kindly smile...

"listen to me, my lost chile
for you must sing as sweetly as you can.
Sing all the tunes you know.
Sweet is the life springing from death,
Sweeter still the day ahead
For to soon yet to rest
Spit on regret.
Damn the sorrow!
fight it with a stormy rage.
Curse the end, and blight the beginning if you must,
But live for the day,
And sing as sweetly as you can.
Listen not for the bells that ring tomorrow.
Make your music while you may".

No comments: